This program is intended to provide treatment for severely impaired chronic solvent abusers. To ensure that the program does admit target individuals the following criteria must be met.
- Client must be Canadian First Nation Males and between the ages of 16 and 25 years.
- Client must be solvent-free for the past 5 days.
- Client must be medically stable.
- Client must not use the program as an alternative to incarceration or probation.
- Client must have a voluntary commitment to the healing process.
- Client must be willing to participate in a traditional /spiritual approach to the healing process.
- Client’s abuse of solvents must have become habitual - 5 years in duration.
- Client must not exhibit a progressive history of violent behaviour.
*Note: We are wheelchair accessible.
The client does not meet criteria if they are impaired through the use of solvents to the extent that the individual:
- cannot walk or sit up properly;
- has severe peripheral neuropathies;
- is unable to carry out activities of daily living; and
- exhibits bizarre, or disruptive behaviour.