All clients will adhere to all rules, policies, and procedures at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih Specialized Solvent Abuse Treatment Centre. This includes the following:
- Clients shall refrain from using all mind altering substances while at the Ka-Na-Chi-Hih Specialized Solvent Abuse Treatment Centre.
- Clients will refrain from possessing, using or distributing any form of contraband while at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih.
- Disruptive, violent, aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Clients are expected to actively participate in all aspects of treatment and treatment related activities.
- Willful damage to Ka-Na-Chi-Hih property or others' personal property will not be tolerated.
- Clients will respect the privacy and boundaries of both clients and staff during their stay at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih.
- Clients will behave in a responsible and respectful manner on and off Ka-Na-Chi-Hih property.
- Clients are not permitted to sell, trade, or barter personal items.
- Clients will be permitted personal phone calls only at their scheduled times and will be monitored. Family may call throughout the week.
- Food and beverages will only be allowed in designated areas.
- Clients are not allowed to access unrelated treatment areas without staff supervision.
- Smoking will only be allowed in designated areas and at scheduled times. Clients under the age of 19 will not be granted the purchase of cigarettes.
- A leave of absence without permission may be considered a voluntary discharge and will be dealt with accordingly.
A client in breach of the rules can be immediately discharged at the discretion of the Treatment Team, Treatment Coordinator and/or Executive Director.